PACAMBRI-L Archives

Archiver > PACAMBRI > 2014-03 > 1396320781

From: <>
Subject: [PACAMBRI] Sandyvale Website
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 21:53:01 -0500

I am sorry if offense was taken at my post regarding the Sandyvale Website.
It is a wonderful site, and yes, I understand that sites like these are
usually done because of the work of a dedicated few volunteers. I also
understand that much work has been done with regard to restoring the
cemetery grounds back to a very respectable and beautiful park. Upon
looking the site over again, I see that the 'Heritage' link explains some of
the cemeteries historical significance.

When we first arrived home after our trip to Johnstown, I did a lot of
searching on-line for information about Sandyvale. One site had given an
e-mail address suggesting that if you had ancestors buried there, you could
e-mail the info about your ancestor/s and that plans were being made to
place these names on a wall somewhere in the park. That idea probably fell
through because I tried the e-mail, and it went unanswered. That is
probably where my disappointment lies. There is a site on-line with an
index to all the known people who have been buried there. It is:
http://www.camgenpa.com/db/cemetery/cemMap.php?cem=151

There is also a Facebook link which I have "Liked" and am friends with. It
is an easy way to keep up with Sandyvale developments and activities which
are held regularly at the park. It is also an easy way to communicate with
the people responsible for the website and those in charge of activities.
In addition to that, it is also a way to find out how to make donations to a
very worthwhile cause.

Gary - I would love to return to the Johnstown area sometime. It is
heart-warming to hear of the changes that have taken place at Sandyvale over
the past couple of years. It is my husband's roots that are heavily
embedded in Johnstown. Besides his 2nd Great-grandparents hailing from
Johnstown, his 2nd great-grandmother was the sister of Margaret Ann Ramsey,
who married William Horace Rose. That has led us both to be students of the
area's history. Unfortunately, since we visited, my husband's health has
not been good, and at least for now, we will be following the events of
Sandyvale from our computer.
Respectfully,
Nancy