PACENTRE-L Archives

Archiver > PACENTRE > 2006-04 > 1144185810

From: "Sharon Howell" <>
Subject: Scot-Irish Traditions
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 17:23:30 -0400

This whole discussion is becoming more and more fascinating! My grandmother
referred to herself as "English and Scotch-Irish" for as long as I can
remember. Unfortunately, I didn't get involved in genealogy until some years
after she died. I've traced her roots back as far as Scotland and England,
(Scotland for her mother, Agnes Brown, England for her father, William
Kirkman, which I always though should have been reversed and I found rather
amusing), but now I have some background reading to do, even though I don't
know how the Browns got to Scotland yet. WHY couldn't my ancestors have had
some unusual surnames?!?
Sharon in Dayton, OH

This thread: