PACLEARF-L Archives

Archiver > PACLEARF > 2000-10 > 0971846465

From: "kg_davis" <>
Subject: [PACLEARF] CLEARFIELD REPUBLICAN - April 4, 1902 - Miscellaneous News
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:21:05 -0500

Mr. D.W. ATWORTH, of Reynoldsville, District Deputy of the Protective
Home Circle, a fraternal and beneficial insurance order, composed of
both sexes, will organize a lodge in this place. Headquarters are
located at Sharon, Pa. No assessment or double headers. DuBois has a
Circle of 200 members.

For Sale
A young Jersey cow and calf. Also American Banner seed oats.
Peter GEARHART
Curwensville, Pa.

Pure Food Violations
Pure Food Inspector FAUST, of Altoona, made a tour of the county last
week. He claims to have secured evidence against a number of our best
merchants, butchers and produce dealer as follows:
Huffman & Dunn, Chas. Scheffler, Rilling & Winter, W.A. EASTON, and
Chas. WEIR, all butchers at DuBois, is held for handling adulterated
noodles. L.W. SPENCER, of Curwensville, for selling adulterated pine
apple extract, and A.I. McNAUL and Theodore DETRICH, both of the same
place, for dealing in impure sausages. Peter KREHER and J.I. HELLER,
of Clearfield, are arrested on charge of selling adulterated sausage,
and G.I. WADDELL, of Coalport, for dealing in impure lemon extracts.
Hearings will be given on April 13 before Justice GALLAGHER at
Osceola.

Three Boys Arrested
Three small boys were arrested by Constable Ross Wednesday, on a
warrant sworn out by Manager MEGAHAN, of Chambers & Megahan, charging
them with burglarizing their office on two occasions recently. Two of
the boys were sent to jail. The third was bailed for court.

High School News
The Commencement exercises, Clearfield High School, class of 1902,
will be held Friday evening, May 9. The place has not been determined
upon, but one of the churches will doubtless be used, owing to the
repairs to the Opera House which will be underway at that time.

The members of the class are Gertrude GULICH, Iva MITCHELL, Katharine
LEAVY, George MITCHELL, Robert PORTER, Hugh WOODWARD and Spotts
McDOWELL.

The Baccalaureate sermon will be preached on Sunday, May 4th, by Rev.
D. B. TREIBLEY, in the Lutheran church.

Rev. H.U. ROOP, Ph.D., of Lebanon Valley College, will deliver the
Commencement address.

The meeting of the Alumni will be called in a few days to perfect
arrangements for holding a re-union and banquet.

ICQ 40792946
Gloria Butler Davis

This thread: