PADAUPHI-L Archives

Archiver > PADAUPHI > 2000-11 > 0973336409

From: "Janice A. Frank" <>
Subject: [PADAUPHI] Elizabeth Beloved Wife
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 06:13:29 -0500

I call her that because it is what she was called in some of what I have
about her and none of it calls her by her actual surname, which I don't
know.

I sent this part below to the Lancaster list a few days ago; no
breakthroughs having resulted I decided to send it to Dauphin too
because:

1) Elizabethtown is so close to Dauphin County, and

2) Someone on here, and I am sorry, I forget who, mentioned the name
REDSECKER recently. This name keeps cropping up in connection with
Elizabeth - a Jacob RESECKER witnessed her husband Henry Frank's will in
1848, and she was living in the household of a woman named Catharine
REDSECKER in Elizabethtown in the census of 1870. It seems possible
that they were relatives of hers although I have no evidence of that. I
would like to hear from anyone who knows about the REDSECKERs.

Gist of the story:

My 2ggm, Elizabeth ?? 27 Oct 1806 - 1 Sep 1874 (have her dates from a
family Bible which however does not give her maiden name - grrrr!), wife
of Henry FRANK 2 Sep 1802 - 30 Jul 1848. The marriage probably took
place about 1826 (first child b Aug 1827). Henry's will refers to "my
beloved wife Elizabeth". Henry and Elizabeth and a couple of their
children are buried at Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church in
Elizabethtown. Her tombstone says "Elizabeth, wife of Henry Frank."
Can't find the marriage, can't find an obit. A recent thought is maybe
an obit of Henry?

Henry's is an old Lancaster town family, have 'em back to the immigrant,
but Henry himself was living out in Mt Joy township, I don't know why,
around that time and I suspect she was from there. But I can't find the
marriage (sorry, I said that already). All the children except the
first were chr Christ Evangelical Lutheran and all the records say Henry
Frank and wife Elizabeth. Period. If I sound testy, I probably am; gee
whiz, the woman lived until 1874, it shouldn't be this hard.

Grateful for any help or suggestions. These FRANKs and many other
Lancaster and Dauphin County families are on my new website at:

http://bcwright.home.netcom.com/janhome/

Jan

This thread: