PADUTCH-LIFE-L Archives

Archiver > PADUTCH-LIFE > 2002-03 > 1014967676

From: (SARAH)
Subject: [PD-LIFE] Jackets
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 00:28:03 -0700 (MST)

Oh, Vee, I'm sorry to say that when I stopped growing up, I started
growing out and eventually I outgrew that Jacket. About 20 years ago I
passed it on to the younger generation.

I, too, had a pea coat. My uncle gave it to me when he was discharged
from the navy in 1945. I wore it and my sons and nephews wore it. If I
hadn't tried to wash it, my grandchildren would probably be wearing it.
Those coats were practically indestructible. When I call my 85 year old
uncle on Christmas and his birthday he always asks me about it.
Sarah

This thread: