PADUTCH-LIFE-L Archives

Archiver > PADUTCH-LIFE > 2004-03 > 1079587829

Subject: Re: [PD-LIFE] Something goofy is going on
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:30:32 EST

In a message dated 3/18/2004 12:20:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
Dear Folks,

Over the past several days personal friends of mine have sent me messages
with attachements added to them. But the only reason that I knew that there
had been an attachment was the notification in the email message ABOVE the
"From: "Jane Doe" email address was that it said, "OE [outlook express?]
removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail." and then
it gives the subject of the attachment.

Although I've tried to click on the notification to see where it came from
or what the problem was, nothing, and I'm still in the dark. Does anyone
have a clue?

vee
Vee-

When you install OE 6.0 it has a default setting to make attachments
inaccessible. To change that setting go to: TOOLS > OPTIONS > SECURITY and uncheck
the box about removing attachments. Then all the attachments will be
accessible.

Joan

This thread: