PADUTCH-LIFE-L Archives

Archiver > PADUTCH-LIFE > 2005-08 > 1125274844

From: a <>
Subject: PUTZ
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 20:46:43 -0400

Again I thank everyone who responded to my "Putz" query.

You're wonderful.

Now I need a picture of one. My Historical Society will be doing
"Christmas Memories" to share for our Dec. meeting and I plan to present
the story of the Putz. A photo would be nice.

I am also researching the following names:

ROBENOLT, SWEETWOOD, RENN, KUHN, BARREE.

Primarily from the PA counties of - Lycoming, Montour, Northumberland,
Lehigh, Centre.

ROBENOLT has about 12 different spellings - all the same family.

SWEETWOOD is my biggest problem - Can't get back past my gg grandfather,
JOHN SWEETWOOD.B. 1801 lived and is buried in Centre County.
[Sprucetown Cemetery]

Other researchers believe the name was originally Siesholz, Sussholtz
etc. I have never found a dated connection that would prove this.
Also, I found on the immigration list a WILL SWEETWOOD who cam to VA. in
1670. He was given a parcel of land by the "crown" but never found any
follow-up. Maybe the Indians killed him.

My KUHN ancestry file is almost complete. Traced back to Germany.

Forever searching,

Helen

This thread: