PAFAYETT-L Archives

Archiver > PAFAYETT > 2003-05 > 1052133455

From: Yvonne Morgan <>
Subject: [PAFAY] John & Sarah Bell
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 07:29:12 -0400

Good Morning list: You have always come through for me in the past, am
hoping someone can give me a lead on this one.
Sarah was the first born daughter of James & Rhoda Rittenhouse Blair.
According to Jordan & Hadden's, she married a wagon maker from
Perryopolis named John Bell. She would have been born before 1820. I
have found a John F. Bell in the 1900 Perry Twp. Census age 31, however,
his wife is listed as Ester age 30 married 7 years with 2 children, ages
6 & 3. Perhaps this is their son or more likely grandson as she would
have been over 80 at that time. I do have my ggg grandmother's
handwritten book of favorite spirituals & hymns, in which she noted the
birth of Sarah's 3 daughters.
Anna Bell b: May 23, 1807
Easter Bell b: Jan. 5 1809
Rebekah Bell b: Jan. 12, 1811
Beyond this, Sarah's lines are a brick wall for me... one of James &
Rhoda's children that I have very little on. I also have a copy of an
old reunion booklet for Flatwoods Baptist Church which lists members
past & present in 1909, but no Bell listed. As first born, she probably
would have been born in Franklin Twp., as that is where the family
started out.
Would anyone know anything of the Bell's of Perryopolis? Any lead would
be appreciated. I have not found them buried in either Mount Washington
or Flatwoods Bowman Cemetery. There is a John C. Bell listed as resting
in Mt. Wash., but have not located the site yet, and the record doesn't
list Sarah or any of the 3 daughter (who may have grown & married). I
have tramped both cemeteries, but it may be I have just overlooked them.

Anxiously awaiting any replies.
Yvonne L Morgan

This thread: