PAFRANKL-L Archives

Archiver > PAFRANKL > 2000-10 > 0970605923

From: "Carolyn K. Shearer" <>
Subject: Re: [PAFRANKL] Franklin County Courthouse (fwd)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 16:45:23 -0400

Becky - The Franklin County records start at 1784, so you probably need to
be searching for someone in Cumberland County, and Lancaster before that.
was looking for a Robert Elder in Franklin recently. I sent
her my notes.
Here are all the references for at least four Robert Elder in the Franklin
County will abstracts, 1784-1826. There are no mentions of a Robert Elder
in the Cumberland will abstracts 1750-1784.

Book A, p 141.
Andrew CAMPBELL, Fannett Twp: w/w 3 Mar 1788, w/p 6 Mar 1789. Wife Esther
Sons John, Joseph, Andrew
Oldest daughter Catherine Armstrong, second daughter Jane Campbell,
Elizabeth McMaken to receive a mare (no relationship given)
Daughters Margaret Campbell and Esther Campbell
Sons Mark, David, Alexander (youngest, under age)
Executors: Brother William Campbell and Robert Anderson
Wit: Robert Elder, Joseph Anderson, James Wallace

Book A, p 308.
Will of Robert Elder, w/w 27 Nov 1793, w/p 5 Sep 1794.
Wife Hannah her full thirds of my estate.
Daughter Isabel bed and bedding and her saddle.
Rest of estate to be divided equally among my four children, except Robert
is to have 10 pounds more than the rest. “I allow the boys to be put to
trade.”
Exec: William Elder, Esq. and Hannah Elder
Wit: William Withrow and James Withrow.

Book B, p 207.
Will of Robert Elder of Fannett Twp, w/w 3 Aug 1804, w/p 24 Aug 1804.
Wife Susana and children to be supported by the land until the youngest
child come of age, reserving the front fire room and a part of the loft for
them.
Oldest son Robert, second son William.
Exec: John Elder, John and James Alexander.
Wit: John Campbell, Joseph Elder, Mathew Elder.

Book B, p 320. Robert Elder of Fannett Twp, w/w 4 Oct 1799, w/p 21 Apr
1807.
Two sons Joseph and Samuel to have the plantation I now live on.
Dear wife Mary to be maintained by son Samuel and when she has grown to a
frail state, said Samuel is to provide a girl, at his own expense, to attend
her with sufficient firing etc.
Son David all my wearing apparel and forty pounds in cash.
Son Abraham of Huntingdon County forty pounds.
Son John thirty pounds.
Son Robert five pounds.
Son Mathew thirteen pounds, five shillings.
Exec: Sons Joseph and Samuel.
With: Robert Simeson and James Alexander.

Will Book B, p 346
Will of William SKINNER , Franklin County
I, William Skinner of Fannett Township, Franklin County, Pennsylvania…
I give and bequeath to my dear wife, the place I purchased of Robert Elder,
....(will proven 2 Jun 1808)

Will Book C, p 629. Letters of Administration were issued to the estate of
Robert Elder to William Gamble and John Blair, 21 Jan 1823. Sureties: John
Alexander and Charles Widney.

I have lots more notes in a text file if you can read Word 97.

Carolyn

This thread: