PAGENWEB-L Archives

Archiver > PAGENWEB > 2003-01 > 1043649723

From: "Regena Lally" <>
Subject: Searching for a J.P. GATES in PA
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:42:03 -0700

I am searching for information on one J.P. Gates. He was born in PA the year
of 1781. It has been theorized that this J.P. Gates is the son of Jost/Yost
Goetz, a Prussian immigrant who came to the area in the late 1700's. I am
not yet convinced that this gentleman is the father of the J.P. I seek. I
have yet to find the complete name for J.P. so that of course hinders my
search.

J.P. does appear to have removed PA to somewhere in NC. Which again makes
him appear to be connected to Jost/Yost who traveled a similar route. J.P.
married a NC woman by the name of Elizabeth. I have not yet found proof of
her surname or a marriage record in NC. Possibly Bullon or Bullion.

Since I lack conclusive proof or source linking Jost/Yost to J.P. I feel
compelled to continue my search. I would appreciate hearing from those who
might have had an ancestor with a name similar to my possible 5th great
grandfather. Thanking you in advance for any information.

Gena Gates Lally

This thread: