PALAWREN-L Archives

Archiver > PALAWREN > 1998-11 > 0910926575

From: <>
Subject: Re: SHARP Line
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:09:35 -0500

> SHARP LINE:
> Researching the SHARP LINE which shows up in the now Lawrence Co. during
> the late 1700's. JOSEPH SHARP born 1780 in the Washington/Allegheny
> Co's area moved to Princeton, Pa. with his wife: Anna Neely Sharp,
> owned a mill and farmed near the Mt. Hermon Church. Both Joseph and
> Anna are buried in the Mt. Hermon Church Cemetery. We believe Joseph's
> father was a Nehemiah Sharp. Help in researching Joseph's roots will be
> most appreciated. Harry <>

There was a SHARP funeral home in New Wilmington, Lawrence Co., PA. It
was bought out several years ago by a Smith and is now called
Sharp-Smith or just Smith Funeral Home. The widow of elder Mr. Sharp
has a genealogy of her husband's Sharp line. She lives in New
Wilmington. I have read through it and if I remember correctly the
Sharps came from Allegheny Co. I did have a copy of it, but I am not
sure if I still have it. If you would like, e-mail me over Thanksgiving
and I will look for it. You may want to try to call the funeral home
and/or write to them to see if they could point you in the right
direction and or forward a letter for you. (310 West Neshannock Ave. New
Wilmington, PA 16142 724-964-3505) They are very friendly and in fact
all my relatives on that side of the family have been laid out at
Sharp's. I'm not connected to the SHARP line. Please feel free to
contact me for futher assistance.

Janet McFarland
Alexandria, VA

This thread: