PALUZERN-L Archives

Archiver > PALUZERN > 2000-10 > 0972794573

From: "Mary Alice Thomas" <>
Subject: Fraternal Organizations.
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 21:42:53 -0700

Thyme,
If I am not mistaken the Rebeccas are the women's Auxiliary of the IOOF -
Independent Order of Odd Fellows. If I am in error, will someone please
correct me?

The Order of the Eastern Star is a Masonic Order. Back when I became a
member 55 years ago, in order to be eligible the petitioner had to be the
Wife, Mother, Daughter, Widow, or Sister of a Master Mason. I understand
that some of these requirements have been relaxed in some Grand
Jurisdictions (State Organization). [My membership is in OK.]

I seem to recall that the women's group of the Elks [BPOE] are called Does.

I have no idea what the PO of A and the POS of A are. They must be
something indigenous to that part of the country.

Mary Alice in CA

This thread: