PAPIKE-L Archives

Archiver > PAPIKE > 2011-05 > 1306347707

From: ,
Subject: [PAPIKE] Halbert/Holbert
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:21:47 -0000

Author: GeneDavenport27
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.pennsylvania.counties.pike/1028/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

On the halbert family forum I noticed a post by Kay Blevins concerning a Henry Halbert of NC. His first wife seems to be unknown. The first child of this couple was William. The age and place of birth and later residence in Arkansas all fit in with a William Y Halbert who was in the 1850 census in Saline AR. In 1856 he married Nancy Brazeal (Breazeale) in Claiborne Parish LA. In 1860 he and Nancy and my grandmother Mary Georgia are still in the same parish. By 1870 Wm Y and his two daughters Mary Georgia and Ida are in Caddo Parish LA Nancy had died by then.In 1880 Mary Georgia had married my grandfather George Washington Davenport and living with them was Ida in Dallas County TX.
Perhaps someone out there has something that will clarify if Wm Y was that first child of Henry and unknown wife.

Important Note: