PARHAM-L Archives

Archiver > PARHAM > 2001-03 > 0985964154

From: "CassieR" <>
Subject: Re: Brunswick Co. Va.
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:55:54 -0600

gerry, hello,

Here is the will of Frances Parham widow of Ephraim Parham:
Will Book 2, Page 77, Brunswick Co., Va.
Will was signed 6 March 1740 and probated 5 April 1744.

"Very sick and weak in body..."
To my son Matthew Parham - 1 bed bolster and furniture, 1 cow and calf.
To my son Ephraim Parham - 1 bed bolster and furniture, 1 iron pot now in his
possession.
To my daughter's children - 20 shillings each as they arrive to age.
To son Lewis Parham - the use of Negroes, Jack, Surry, Peter and Annee during his
life time and at his death they go to his son Ephraim; all my livestock, household
goods, etc.
To my son Matthew's wife - 1 gown
To my son Ephraim's wife - 1 trunk
Exrs. My son Lewis Parham
Wits: Peter Tatum, William McKnight."
Malinda's aunt Peggy and I feel that Frances was living with her son Lewis at the
time of her death.
Son Matthew Parham is the one who married Susannah.
Son Ephraim Parham married Rebecca
Son Lewis married Sarah.
Son Lewis was a merchant and a large land holder in Brunswick, Sussex counties. He
was married to Sarah (last name unknown). Lewis died about 1761. His widow, Sarah
later married second to William Brown.
I have down that the Ephraim mentioned as grandson by Frances Parham in her will and
who was a son of her son Lewis was the Ephraim who died in 1779 and whose will was
found in Dinwiddie Co., Va. I have strong reason for believing this, however my
belief is not engraved in stone. It is negotiable. Two of the Exrs. to Ephraim's
will were a Lewis Parham and Nicholas Parham. Of course the older Lewis died before
1779.

Cassie.