PATTERSON-L Archives

Archiver > PATTERSON > 1997-03 > 0858348613

From: "Judith Weeks Ancell" <>
Subject: Re: PATTERSON 1797 NC?
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 07:10:13 -0700

Penny,
I too have been stuck on my Patterson research for years!! I will enclose what I have
on the Patterson families that I am researching. Please let me know if anything is
familiar. I would really like to get some documentation on the Cooper and Patterson
Families. Judith

Descendants of James Cooper
Generation No. 1
1. James1 Cooper. He married Rachel Barnett.
Child of James Cooper and Rachel Barnett is:
+2i.Barnett2 Cooper.

Generation No. 2
2. Barnett2 Cooper (James1). He married Jane PATTERSON.
Child of Barnett Cooper and Jane Patterson is:
+3i.Jane3 Cooper.

Generation No. 3
3. Jane3 Cooper (Barnett2, James1). She married John (I) Turner Abt 1776, son of
_____ Turner.
Children of Jane Cooper and John Turner are:
4i.Barnett4 Turner, born 30 September 1790 in Rowan Co., NC; died 12 February 1836
in Madison Co., KY. He married Nancy Taylor 13 November 1814 in Madison Co., KY.
5ii.James Turner.
6iii.Mildred Turner.
7iv.Philip Turner, born in KY; died 22 April 1827 in Howard Co., MO. He married
Brezell Hyatt.
8v.Jesse Turner.
9vi.Jonathan Turner.
10vii.Elinor Turner.
11viii.Jane Turner.
12ix.William Turner.
13x.Catherine Patterson Turner.

Judith Weeks Ancell
PO Box 6443, Boise, ID 83707

----------
> From: Penny Dennis Holmes <>
> To: PATTERSON family genealogy list <>
> Subject: William PATTERSON 1797 SC> Ala
> Date: Thursday, March 13, 1997 5:42 PM
>
> I am still hoping for some help on my Patterson line, from some
> wonderfulsoul.
>
> William PATTERSON b. ca 1797 SC marr. ca 1829 Caroline Dickerson.
>
> William d. btw 1850-1860 prob. in Ala.
>
> Found in 1840, 1850 Butler Co Ala
>
> children: all born in Butler Co Ala
> Flora Ann b. ca 1830 marr. Vardell SKAINS
> Matthew b. 1832 marr. Fredonia Caroline SMITH
> James R. b. 1838 marr. ____ WREN
> Emily b. 1841 marr. John COX
> Harriest b. 1843 marr. Wallace MCGINN
> Isobel b. 1846
> Sarah b. 1848
> Caroline b. 1849
> Frances b. ca 1853
>
> Any help will be appreciated. Always willing to exchange info.
>
> Penny
>
> Searching: DENNIS, LAWSON, SWILLEY, ANDERSON, BAKER, GARNER, MILLER,
> JONES, SLATE, SKAINS, BULLARD, PARKER, SUTTON, SCOTT, MCALISTER,
> MCDANIEL, MCDOWELL, WHATLEY, GORE, PATTERSON, AUSBROOKS/OSBROOKS,
> AUSTIN, ROBERTS,DICKERSON,HINTON, SIMPKINS,EAGAN,POOLE, CAMP, AUSBROOKS,
> JORDAN, WHITSON, EDWARDS, GREEN, RIGSBY, OTHERS.

This thread: