PAWASHIN-L Archives

Archiver > PAWASHIN > 2006-04 > 1144770932

From: "Clara Berry" <>
Subject: J.C. McPHERSON
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:55:46 -0400

I have a very old photograph of two men who are what looks to me like carpenters. I have some idea of who they are (HIXON) but if I could determine the date it would help. The only clue is the name stamped on the reverse of the photo which is: J.C.McPHERSON 805(?) Locust St. McKeesport, PA. Another clue is that the older man is wearing a dark, double breasted shirt buttoned up to his neck and the shirt has a double row of buttons down the front. Both men are wearing suspenders buttoned onto the waistband of their trousers. They look like father and son, both with large moustaches. There are wood shavings all over the ground, the older man is holding a hatchet and they are standing in front of a house that is obviously having some work done on it. It looks to be about the turn of the last century. My question is..Does any one know of the photographer? i.e. When he was in business, etc.?

This thread: