PAWESTMO-L Archives

Archiver > PAWESTMO > 2002-02 > 1013454883

From: Barbara & George Grenier <>
Subject: [PAWESTMO-L] Griffins
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:14:43 -0800

Hi all:

I found the following in "The History of Hocking Valley" except the ? part
and is a guess on my part.

1. Patrick Griffin born 1746 in Ireland died 1834 ? Westmoreland PA ?
m. Margaret Allgire died 1840 ?Westmoreland PA? born abt 1754 ?Ireland?

It also said he had a son John Griffin born 26 July 1768 Westmoreland and
died 11 Nov 1854-don't know where.

John married Susan Herring (d/o John Herring and Christa Ann ?) born 8 Dec
1798 (this has to be wrong-?1768??) Westmoreland PA, she died 24 Aug 1868
--not sure where

Can anyone help me out with any information on these people? Correct
dates, marriage dates any information appreciated.

Also, did Patrick have a son Henry? Were there other Griffins of Patrick's
generation? I am researching Henry Griffin of Westmoreland

Henry married Maria Magdalena Ruffner. Haven't found this marriage. I do
have a list of their children .

Barbara
Brea CA

This thread: