PAWESTMO-L Archives

Archiver > PAWESTMO > 2002-02 > 1013839727

From: "Linda Johnston" <>
Subject: Re: [PAWESTMO-L] Re: SURNAME BURIALS IN WESTMORELAND COUNTY
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 01:08:47 -0500

I have two books written by Bob and Mary Closson. They are surname indexes
to Westmoreland County, PA Cemeteries. I looked and found a number of the
surnames you mentioned buried in various cemeteries. Since I live in
Michigan, I know nothing about the geographic location of the cemeteries
other than what is listed in the books. I will type up a list in hopes that
it will help you in locating your ancestors. There is no indication of how
many of each surname are buried in each cemetery.

VOLUME I -

FRY
Barren Run
Brants
Old German
Harrold Lutheran
Pine Run
Porch
Middletown U. M.

FRYE
Fells
Congruity
U. M. Methodist

FINK
Bethesda
Puckety
Sardis Methodist

HALL
Fells
Hankey
Long Run Presbyterian
Parnassus Presbyterian
Sardis Methodist
St. Boniface
U. M. Methodist

JOHNSTON
Blairsville
Brants
Congruity
Fells
Long Run Presbyterian
Markle
Olive Branch
Pine Run Presbyterian
Rehoboth
St. Clair

SMITH
Barren Run
Brookland
Emanuel
Fells
Old German
Harrold Lutheran
Long Run Presbyterian
Markle
Mars Hill Baptist
Middle Presbyterian
Middletown U.M.
Old Mars
Olive Branch
Rehoboth
St. Clair
U. M. Methodist
Wesley
Zion Church
Zion Evan. Lutheran

WAUGAMAN
Brookland
Pleasant Hill
Puckety Presbyterian

VOLUME II -

FINK
Unity
Denmark Manor
Puckety U. P.
Brush Creek
Delmont
Eastview Union

FINKS
Mt. Pleasant

FRY
Untiy
Brant
Frye
Green Mountain
Laurel H.
Lebanon Church
Old Ligonier
Penrod
Zion Church
Ligonier Valley
Alverton
Tarry Cemetery
Denmark Manor
Harrold Ref.
St. James
Scottdale
West Newton
Brush Creek
Eastview Union
Mt. Pleasant
St. Andrews

FRYE
Unity
Frye
Green Mountain
Laurel H.
Menoher
Zion Church
Ligonier Valley
Tarr Cemetery
Denmark Manor
St. James
Brush Creek

HALL
Untiy
Laurel H.
Ligonier Valley
Denmark Manor
Poke Run
West Newton
St. James
Scottdale
Brush Creek
Mt. Pleasant

JOHNSTON
Unity
Brant
Cole
Keltz
Old Ligonier
Ligonier Valley
Tarr Cemetery
Brush Creek
Bethel Methodist
Puckety U. P.
West Newton
St. James
Scottdale
Seanors
St. Luke's
Delmont
Eastview Union
Mt. Pleasant

SMITH
Unity
Cole
Green Mountain
Menoher
Old Ligonier
St. Michael's
Zion Church
Ligonier Valley
Alverton
Tarr Cemetery
Denmark Manor
Bethel Methodist
Harrold Ref.
Poke Run
Eman. Evang. Ref.
West Newton
Mt. Pleasant
Bradenville
St. James
Scottdale
Seanors
St. Luke's
Hoffman
Brush Creek
Delmont
Eastview Union
Livermore

WAUGAMAN
Denmark Manor
Puckety U. P.
Brush Creek
Delmont
Eastview Union

WAUGHMAN
Unity

I hope this helps with your research.

Linda Johnston

> Connie,
>

> Hi! I was just wondering if you have a complete listing of the Salem
Church
> Cemtery? Is that in Salem, Westmoreland Co. ? My maternal side is
> completely from Salem, Westmoreland Co., but I am getting no where in
finding
> out where these folks are interned! For generations they lived there! My
> surnames from Salem Twp., Westmoreland Co., are....Johnston, Fry,
Waugaman,
> Smith, Fink, Hall! I would appreciate it if you could tell me if any of
> these surnames appear in the cemetery listing you have! Thanks! Have a
> great day!

This thread: