PAWESTMO-L Archives

Archiver > PAWESTMO > 2002-02 > 1014574971

From: "Anita Woods" <>
Subject: [PAWESTMO-L] Ellen Lykes m. Adam McGee
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:38:14 -0600

I was at the library yesterday and did lots of census searching for a variety of persons related to the surnames I have been seeking: Woods, Wible, Stilwell, and Lykes/Likes/Leix/Lyse/Lease (or any variation you can imagine), and now Freidt/Freith. I ran out of time, as always, (I could spend everyday for a year there, and still want to do more) and didn't come up with any big "ah-ha's" except for one reference in the 1850 census in Madison Township, Clarion County, for Adam McGee, age 45, with wife Eleanor, age 41 (I think, age was hard to read). Children were Nancy, age 20, and a male name illegible, age 14. The ages are close enough that I am using this as presumptive evidence to prove Catherine Fredit's daughter Ellen Lykes' marriage to Adam McGee. Later in the 1870 census in North Lebanon township in Lebanon County, I found Ellen McGee, age 65, living with Hannah Smeily, age 57. They are quite possibly the same Ellen/Eleanor. Anyone know who Hannah Smeiley is?

-Anita <><
Servant of Christ, wife to Russ, sahm to Nick, Eli, John and Jake (Thank you Jesus!)

This thread: