Archiver > PAWESTMO > 2002-02 > 1014643720

From: "Constance S. Ruffley" <>
Subject: Re: [PAWESTMO-L] Westmoreland County Courthouse
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 05:32:14 -0800
References: <00de01c1bdb0$ad7b0960$>

The easiest thing to do is call first. The people in the courthouse are wonderful to work with and very helpful. Ask them how much each item will cost and they will tell you. A check is usually sufficient for the modest fees they charge.


Anita Woods wrote:

> I am readying to send off for the following documents from the Westmoreland County Courthouse. I have never done this before, and would appreciate any advice. Do I send money? I am seeking the following documents:
> OC: Petition to Orphan's Court, dated July 9, 1821 by George Shaffer re: children of Johannes (John) Leix
> AD: Letter of Administration on Thomas Likes, Vol. A., p. 94, d. 1814
> PN: Vol. 12, p. 206, 1817; John Wible and wife Catherine to John Rice land in Unity Township...
> Lastly, "August term 1822 #29 Summons on Dower-John Wible and wife Catherine--late Catherine Lyse widow and relict of Thomas Lyse deceased vs. George Robinson (Would this be WA "Widows Appraisement"? How would I go about asking for this one?)
> Any advice is appreciated.
> -Anita <><
> Servant of Christ, wife to Russ, sahm to Nick, Eli, John and Jake (Thank you Jesus!)
> ==== PAWESTMO Mailing List ====

This thread: