PAWESTMO-L Archives

Archiver > PAWESTMO > 2007-08 > 1187728676

From: "Ken Bair" <>
Subject: Re: [PAWESTMO] Chester A Rain
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:37:56 -0400

My quick research reveals the following:

1900, Shafton Dist., N. Huntingdon Twp., Westmoreland Co., PA
Joseph Rein, 29, b. PA/parents b. England
Alace, 22, Earl, 2, Chester, 1, & James, 1/12.

1910 Greensburgh, Westmoreland Co., PA,
Earl & Chester are in the Westmoreland Children's Aid Society home. Joseph,
a widower, is with his mother in N. Huntingdon Twp. with son Raymond
(James?). Alace (Alice?) apparently died.

WW I Draft Card, Sep 19, 1918, Earl Wadsworth Rain, b. June 9, 1897, Irwin,
Pa. Current addr. Irwin, PA, f. b. England??, fireman on railroad.

WW I Draft Card, Raymond Sin Rain, Irwin, PA, b. Jan 17, 1900, unemployed,
age 19, contact - brother Earl Rain, Irwin, PA

1920 Camp Sherman, OH, US Army Post
Chester Rain, soldier, Company L, 40th Infantry.

1920 Shafton, PA- Earl W. is married with 2 children. No sign of
James/Raymond.

No further record located. Suggest following the father & brothers. He may
show up with them later on.

KB