Archiver > PAWESTMO > 2007-08 > 1188486575

Subject: Re: [PAWESTMO] Historical newspapers on microfilm
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:09:35 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/2007 10:44:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

If fact, someone there has
indexed obits , marriages, etc., from early newspapers, and I found the 1840
obit of my George Francis Johnston of Allegheny Township. They then put the
microfilm in their reader and made me a copy. This way, using their index,
shortcuts the guesswork particularly for the earlier years.

Do you know if this is available for those of us who live out of state. Is
there anyone there willing to do look ups?