PAWYOMIN-L Archives

Archiver > PAWYOMIN > 2003-02 > 1044225778

Subject: [PAWYOMIN-L] Re: Eliphalet Stephens
Date: 2 Feb 2003 15:42:58 -0700

Surnames: Stevens, Stephens, Baker, Chase, Allen, Weston
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/ScB.2ACE/1059.1.1

Message Board Post:

Hi!

We are researching our line of Stevens which is taking us into Tunkhannock, Luzerne Co, PA.

We are believing that Eliphalet, the elder who was born 1731 and who married Elsie Holloway, the presumed d/o Joseph/Hannah (Soule) Holloway ~ may have had a brother Ebenezer Stevens who married an Elizabeth (?)....might you know of this particular brother of the elder Eliphalet as another son of Ebenezer & Abigail (Lord) Stevens?

We believe this particular Ebenezer Stevens may have died pre-1790 as Elizabeth Stevens was in the l790 Tunkhannock, PA census with younger children in her home.....by 1800, this Elizabeth Stevens is gone from the area......and we believe 2 of their children were named "Neze" Stevens and a Weston Stevens, they showing up in that particular 1800 Census ~ Tunkhannock, PA.

In your research have you uncovered any Stevens men that for some reason or another didn't fit into elder Eliphalet's family?

We anxiously await your response!

Rob and Michelle
Michigan
Contact directly if you prefer at: