PAYNE-L Archives

Archiver > PAYNE > 1998-03 > 0890584607

From: "The Stanley Family" <>
Subject: Re: Payne help please (TN Cousins Book)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 11:36:47 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: DianePay <>
To: <>
Date: Saturday, March 21, 1998 10:42 PM
Subject: Payne help please (TN Cousins Book)

>Hi,
>Can anyone help me with the birthdate of the children of this Robert Payne.
>And any spouses.
>Thanks!
>Diane Payne
>
>>From page 569 of Tennessee Cousins? Robert Payne's father. He was born abt
>1740/43 and mar. Ann Burton.
>"The Widow Payne of Lincoln Co., NC, in whose home was held the first
county
>court of Bedford Co., NC (then in Bedford Co., but after 1810 in Lincoln
Co.)
>was Ann Burton, who was the widow of Robert Payne, whom she had married on
22
>Jul 1763. Robert Payne was the son of Josias Payne and Col. John Payne,
father
>of Dolly Madison who married President Madison. Robert Payne and Ann
Burton
>had the following children:
>1.Charles
>2. Robert (very interested in this person)
>3. John
>4. Elizabeth
>5.Katura
>6. Agnes who married 1st Harris and 2nd Hon. Marma-Duke Williams. The
>presence in Lincoln Co. of his wife's mother, Mrs. Payne, drew her
son-in-law
>Marmaduke Williams there".

Here's what I have on this branch of the Payne family. I have quite a bit
on Robert Payne's ancestor's and the Payne cousins. If you're interested,
I'd love to share!

Descendants of Robert Payne

Generation No. 1

1. ROBERT4 PAYNE (JOSIAS3, GEORGE2, WILLIAM1) was born 1738 in Goochland
Co., VA, and died 1791 in Pittsylvania Co., VA. He married ANN BURTON July
22, 1762 in St. James Northam Parish, Goochland Co., VA, daughter of Robert
Burton and Pricilla Farrar.

Children of Robert Payne and Ann Burton are:

2. i. ROBERT JOSIAS5 PAYNE, b. November 1768; d. January 16, 1830.

ii. JOHN PAYNE.

iii. MARY WOODSON PAYNE.

iv. AGNES PAYNE, m. (1) ROBERT HARRIS, February 21, 1795; m. (2) MARMADUKE
WILLIAMS, December 25, 1798.

3. v. ELIZABETH PAYNE, b. March 31, 1763, Goochland Co., VA.

vi. KETURAH PAYNE, b. January 02, 1765, Goochland Co., VA; m. WYNNE DIXON,
January 08, 1786, Pittsylvania Co., VA.

vii. ANN PAYNE, b. November 13, 1766, Goochland Co., VA; d. Aft 1839; m.
ROBERT HARRISON, November 30, 1784, Pittsylvania Co., VA.

viii. CHARLES PAYNE, b. January 01, 1760.

Generation No. 2

2. ROBERT JOSIAS5 PAYNE (ROBERT4, JOSIAS3, GEORGE2, WILLIAM1) was born
November 1768, and died January 16, 1830. He married (1) ELIZABETH LEE
FEARN. He married (2) ANNA FLEMING 1793.

Child of Robert Payne and Anna Fleming is:

i. CHARLES6 PAYNE, b. June 21, 1798.

3. ELIZABETH5 PAYNE (ROBERT4, JOSIAS3, GEORGE2, WILLIAM1) was born March 31,
1763 in Goochland Co., VA. She married RICHARD SAUNDERS.

Children of Elizabeth Payne and Richard Saunders are:

i. ROBERT6 SAUNDERS.

ii. AGNES SAUNDERS.

This thread: