PAYNE-L Archives

Archiver > PAYNE > 2006-01 > 1136329851

From: "Wesley Gann" <>
Subject: Re: [PAYNE] Tempe PAIN/PAYNE, Cherokee Indian girls
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 18:10:51 -0500

What part of Western NC are you referring to? I have some connections there
(specifically Macon Co.)with my Grandmother Sanders. She married a Payne. My
oldest brother is insistent that she made trips up there to see someone that
was not to be talked of. The elusiveness of my Payne line (and this is not
a "everyone has one") has lead me to believe for quite some time they were
hiding something, living among other Paynes of Hall County, GA, but yet no
records.
Who knows, I've all but given up on this one
Wes Gann