PAYORK-L Archives

Archiver > PAYORK > 2007-07 > 1185042747

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [PAYork] David STRICKLER, York Co., PA > OH 1802-1843
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 18:32:37 -0000

Author: edmorrill33
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.pennsylvania.counties.york/14760.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

When did David go to Ohio? There are several candidates for his father based solely on the census. Christian, Jacob, Jacob and John had males 0-10 in 1810 and 16-25 in 1820. David of Fairview Twp, York Co. 1830 has 2 males 0-5, 1 female 0-5, 1 male 20-30 amd 1 female 20-30 which fits the info in your query. There is a single David , a mason, taxed in Hellam Twp in 1823-4. A David is a heir of Christian who died 7 Mar 1841. I was thinking perhaps with his share of the money David established himself in Ohio. If I knew when he showed up there I could trace the taxes and see when he stopped paying in York Co. Was David a mason in Ohio?
In 1820 there are other Stricklers who show up in York with males 16-25 that were not in York in 1810.

Important Note: