PEASE-L Archives

Archiver > PEASE > 2007-09 > 1189437428

From: "Rick" <>
Subject: Re: [PEASE] Elizabeth Pease
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:17:08 -0400

Brenda
The more I looked into this, the more I DON'T think Elizabeth is the
daughter of Oliver (possible son of Barzillai, Malatiah, Benjamin, David,
John) and Clarissa Pease. Here's what I did have with some new findings:

2.4.1.6.7.1.3 Elizabeth, daughter of Oliver (possible son of Barzillai,
Malatiah, Benjamin, David, John) and Clarissa Pease; b. Feb 03, 1798 in
Connecticut; d. 1881 in Washington County, NY; m. Joseph Marlatt; b. about
1799 in NY. He was in the War of 1812, serving out of Troupsburg, NY. During
the 1850 census, Joseph and Elizabeth were living in Troupsburg, Steuben
County, New York. Her birth place is listed as New Jersey. In 1860,
Elizabeth [born in New Jersey] is with her son John G. in Troupsburg, and in
1870 she is in Jasper, Steuben County, NY with Jonathan R. Marlatt age 18
born in NY. Children of Joseph and Elizabeth (Pease) Marlatt born in NY
[William is buried in Gully AKA West Jasper Cemetery]:

2.4.1.6.7.1.3.1 Amy W. b. d.

2.4.1.6.7.1.3..2 Joseph b. 1829 d.

2.4.1.6.7.1.3..3 Mary E. b. 1836 d.

2.4.1.6.7.1.3..4 John G. b. 1840 d.

2.4.1.6.7.1.3..5 William H. b. Jun 20, 1841 d. Jun 11,
1885 Steuben Co, NY

2.4.1.6.7.1.3..6 Hamilton J. b. Jan 29, 1843 d. Jun 11,
1913 Woodhull, NY

A few notes: I had their first child Amy from an old correspondence. The
census data is scanned by Ancestry.com. I went to the Steuben County, NY
Genweb website and found where William was buried. John G. and William
fought in the Civil War. There is a Marlatt Cemetery in Jasper, NY, but I
can't find a listing.

What's strange here is that Oliver's family were living in the area, so how
was she born in New Jersey?. I did a search on all the Elizabeth's I have
from the New Jersey branch of Peases and can't find a match. This calls for
more research. We don't agree on her death date and she was in the 1870
census. We have to find someone who has access to that Marlatt Cemetery.

Rick in Taunton, MA