PEDEN-L Archives

Archiver > PEDEN > 2000-04 > 0955437390

From: "Terry G. Peden" <>
Subject: Re: [PEDEN] James H. PEDEN, GA/MS/AR
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 03:16:30 -0400

Hello Margaret,

Yes, I very much would like a complete extraction of the 1850 Tishomingo
Co., MS Census including children. The 1860 too if possible. Any info
that you can come across will be very helpful. Need to see if any
others are born in GA. I have identified the ones you sent below:

William Paden married Jane McCalla with children: John, Laurens, Baxter,
Jeanette, Adolphus, and Belle. He was a son of Robert W. Peden [page
249 Pedens of America]

David M. Peden married Susan E. Settle chidren: Mary Isabell, Guilford
Reynolds, Joseph Frank, James Porter, Robert Marcus, Bettie Mc., Sarah
Jane, and Mattie S. He was also son of Robert W. Peden. They moved to
Missouri in 1857. [page 251 Pedens of America]

Alexander Peden was probably Robert W. and Dan's brother.
Alexander Peden married Sarah McCalla children: William D., David
Ramsey, Mary J., Eliza, and Thomas G. [page 257 Pedens of America]

There isn't a Pleasant Paden/Peden listed so this must have been a
middle name used of one of the children.

If your James was born in Georgia in 1828 (his census age), these are
the Peden's who were on the 1830 census with a son 0-5 years old:

Gwinnett Co., GA
Page Line Name
362 1 Jas. D. PEDAN
359 5 S. D. PEDAN

Coweta Co., GA
372 25 William PEYTON

Madison Co., GA
103 21 Cornelus PEYTON
118 26 Moreah PEYTON (female)

Hopefully, we will be able to figure this out soon. Keep in touch!

Take Care,

Terry