PEI-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > PEI-ROOTS > 2009-09 > 1252073419

From: "George F. Sanborn Jr." <>
Subject: [PEI-ROOTS] Elizabeth (Ward/Watt) Dunville/Dumville/Domville
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 11:10:19 -0300

Deenie,

I have been working for some years on a genealogical history of Lot 8, which covers all the families settled there before roughly 1900. I have your Elizabeth (known as Lizzie) married to Alexander Watt of North Rustico, Lot 24, P.E.I. He was known as Sandy, and the surname might have been Ward. I have no other information about him at the moment. Did he die in Maine? The death record there would show his parents (perhaps) and where he was born. I did not know what became of Lizzie. Did she go to Topsfield along with the MacLellans?

Anyway, Elizabeth [Lizzie] was the youngest child of Joseph and Ann Dunville [I prefer that spelling], and a granddaughter of James and Jane (Barker) Dunville, the immigrant ancestors to Lot 8 from England. [The name Barker is from family tradition.]

I don't know the maiden name of Ann, Joseph's wife. They left the Island and settled in Restigouche County, N.B., where they died about 1900.

This is a quick reply to your posting. I would like to exchange further data with you. Please contact me at

Best wishes,

George Sanborn
Charlottetown

This thread: