PENCE-L Archives

Archiver > PENCE > 1999-07 > 0931610935

From: "Richard A. Pence" <>
Subject: Pence - Brandt of Cumerland Co PA and Fairfield OH
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 08:48:55 -0400

Dear Bobbi:

I was not aware of the Brandt genealogy, but the material you quote from it
seems to mesh with what I have collected on this family (which I have
appended to this message. I do not believe this family was related to your
John Pence. Note that John Pence apparently came from Virginia to what is
now Hocking County in the late 1790s and the Brandt/Pence-Bentz families
came to Fairfield County (parent of Hocking) shortly after 1800. I believe
these latter families were in York County prior to moving to Cumberland
County. In the York County material I recently posted on my web site, there
is mention of a Brandt/Bentz connection in Cumberland County.

There are several others working on the origins of John Pence of Hocking and
I hope they will chime in here. Also, I think at least one person is a
descendant of the Brandt/Bentz group, or at least has information relating
to them.

I did have the Wells County, IN, information on George O. Pence, son of
Peter Pence.

Regards,
Richard A. Pence, 3211 Adams Ct, Fairfax, VA 22030
Voice 703-591-4243 Fax 703-385-0971
Pence Family History <http://www.pipeline.com/~richardpence/>;