PENIX-L Archives

Archiver > PENIX > 2006-03 > 1142918109

From: Patricia Lowman <>
Subject: Re: Penix musician
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:15:09 -0800 (PST)

Wonderful 'Boots' Penix b: 09-11-1027 d: 09/1973, wrote and recorded several songs, 'You take the medicine and I'll take the nurse, Blue Wedding Bells, Teach em how to swim, Dig that crazy driver and How old do you get', were recorded on the 'Daffen' and 'D' labels, and another song, 'Smokey the Bar' was recorded by Hank Thompson. I found his recordings on: rcs.law.emory.edu/rcs/pics/d03/3221.htm
and www.rockabillyhall.com/BearFamily.html . He is the 4th child of John Alfred Penix and Sue May Bridges. He also changed his name to William at the age of 18, served in both the Army and Army/Air Corps. I don't know if this is the same one your referring to or not. But he was a wonderful singer and could play any stringed instrument, self taught, he wasnt the easiest man to get along with and probably got more doors slammed in in face because of it, otherwise, he may have been well known.
Pat Lowman

wrote:
Bob,
What's the name of the Penix who is into Country Music and has
records out ? I believe he's your cousin of Joshua's line ,right ?You've said
his name before but I've forgotten.Does he have a website ?

Richard

Census images 1901, 1891, 1881 and 1871, plus so much more.
Ancestry.com's United Kingdom & Ireland Collection. Learn more: http://www.ancestry.com/s13968/rd.ashx

PLEASE REMEMBER MIA,
SIGN YOUR DONOR CARD TODAY!!!
BE AN ORGAN DONOR, THE LIFE YOU