Archiver > PENNINGTON > 1999-04 > 0924581189

From: "Bob Bartley" <>
Subject: Re: [PENNINGTON-L] Minatree, Hampton and Preston, in Indiana
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:06:29 -0700

Dear Cousin ?????,

I have been looking into this Minatree name connection myself. I have found
some older than my GGG grandfather. I was told by a relative that my
Hampton's brother Preston had named his son Minatree J. in 1831. I do have
an elderly Pennington relative who has been helping me on this genealogy
search and I will ask her if she has any idea. I have come across the last
name Minatree while doing research and they were in North Carolina. Since I
know our family was there, I would guess it's a maiden name turned into a
son's first name. This certainly deserves further research, I'll continue
the quest. It's great to hear someone else related is looking into this.

Your Cousin
Cari Dawson Bartley