PENNY-L Archives

Archiver > PENNY > 1999-02 > 0919034937

From: Carol Stevens <>
Subject: RE: [PENNY-L] Return to Genealogy of JC PENNEY
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 18:28:57 -0500

Line per the book "Penney and ALlied Families" published
1963 goes like this:

Rev. John Penney, born Nov. 10, 1759 Hanover Co, Va.
MARRIED Frances White of Hanover Co. VA in 1785, then
they moved to Kentucky.

Rev., Eli Penney, born APril 6, 1799, near Lawrenceville
(Then Mercer Co), now Anderson Co KY. MARRIED July 1821 to
Mary , called Polly Burris. They eventually moved to
Missouri.

Rev. James Cash Penney born Dec. 29, 1841 near Mirablile,
Caldwell Co, Missouri MARRIED Sept. 28, 1862 in Anderson
Co. KY to Mary Frances Paxton.

James Cash Penney, born Sept. 16, 1875 near Hamilton
Caldwell Co., Missouri MARRIED 3 times, first Berta A.
Hess by whom he had 2 sons, Roswell and JC. JC. died
young, Roswell died just months after his father (if my
mind is remembering the dates correctly) in Florida.

Roswell and his brother are 3rd cousins 3 times removed to
my 3 sons, via Berta. <GGG> If you follow that you get
bonus points.

My suggestion, get a copy of the book, I got through the
LDS FHC. It is on film.