PERDUE-L Archives

Archiver > PERDUE > 2001-01 > 0980515297

From: Melissa Corts <>
Subject: Perdue/Perdew
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 05:21:37 -0800 (PST)

Hey Ya'll~

I'm hoping (with trepidation) that somebody out
there in the Perdue families of the world has a
connection or information on my g grandmother
MALISSA PERDEW born about 1867 in KY. Her
parents names are unknown to me. According to
the 1900 KY census, Malissa's father was born in
KY and her mother in TN.

Malissa married William Thomas NELSON on
12-25-1887 in Caldwell Co. KY. They had four
children: Charley W, Robert Lee, Anna and
Margaret (Maggie).

I had heard from my (now deceased) father that
Malissa had died fairly early, when at least
Robert, Anna and Margaret were still at home...I
am guessing around 1905.

I have been unable to find ANY information other
than what is listed here. I am interested in
everything I can find out about her--her parents
names, siblings, date of birth/death, etc.

The spelling of her surname on her marriage cert.
is "PERDEW", but who knows if that is accurate!

Regards,
Melissa Nelson Corts
North Carolina

=====
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief." Gerry Spence