PERRY-L Archives

Archiver > PERRY > 1998-04 > 0892013888

From: "Virginia Ewing" <>
Subject: [PERRY-L] Franklin co, NC
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 1998 00:38:08 -0500

This is a repeat of a posting I did last fall. I know many of
you were not on the list at that time so I am going to start
resending some of my earlier postings.

KINFOLKS OF FRANKLIN COUNTY NORTH CAROLINA 1793-1844
by Joseph W. Watson
published by Joseph W. Watson, 406 Piedmont Ave., Rocky Mount,
N.C. 27801
copewrite: 1985

Mr. Watson has also compiled books of Franklin county deeds,
Kinfolds of Edgecombe co, Granville co, Wayne co, Wake county
deeds, and several books on Nash county data. I have not seen
all of his books but this one is a treasure trove for anyone who
had relatives in Franklin county.
I copied most of the Perrys mentioned in the
book, but not all the land sales and witnesses to deeds. I tried
to get every PERRY mentioned in the index, at least once.
I called Mr. Watson and asked premission to send this to the
Perry list. I also asked if the book was still for sale but it
seems it has been out of print for 10 years. Mr. Watson said he
had a set of his books that had belonged to a relative who did
not want them and he would break the set and sell them for $35
each with a $5 postage and handling charge. He has only one copy
of each book.
I did not think to ask if his address had changed. My
address has changed 3 times in the
last 15 years and I have not moved an inch.

Deed book 9 Franklin Co. NC 1793-1794

page 64: WILLIS PERRY deed to BURWILL PERRY: wit. JEREMIAH
PERRY and JEREMIAH PERRY, Junr. Oct 15, 1785

page 83: DRURY PERRY sold land, witnessed by EPHRAIM PERRY,
May 17, 1799]

page 115: ABRAHAM PERRY deed to JEREMIAH PERRY, witnessed by
JOHN PERRY and NATHAN PERRY, April 26, 1799.

page 124: JOHN PERRY of WARREN county, N.C. bought land, 23
March 1799

page 189: JOSHUA PERRY bought land. Wit: BENJAMIN PERRY July
16, 1806

Franklin county, NC Deed book A 1795-1796-1797

page 154: Joshua Thornton of WILKS co. Ga and Yancy Thornton of
Franklin co. deed to JOSHUA PERRY for land willed to them by
their father, John Thornton, deceased, witnessed by BURRELL
PERRY. Jan 17 1784

page: 155: WILLIS PERRY bought land, wit: BENJAMIN PERRY
and SIMON PERRY Feb 15, 1790

page 188: JOHN PERRY, Senr., deed to William Richards, wit:
JEREMIAH PERRY, SOLOMON PERRY, and John Richards, 15 June 1795

page 307: BURRELL PERRY deed of gift to his son, JOHN PERRY
March 14, 1797

Franklin Co. NC Deed Book 8

page 94: ENOS PERRY bought land, Dec 13, 1794

this will was in deed book A
page 95: Joshua Thornton of WILKS co. Ga and Yancy Thornton of
Franklin co. deed to JOSHUA PERRY for land willed to them by
their father, John Thornton, deceased, witnessed by BURRELL
PERRY. Jan. 17 1784

page 96: WILLIS PERRY bought land, witnessed by BENJAMIN PERRY
and SIMON PERRY, Feb. 16, 1790

page 246: BURRELL PERRY deed to his son, JOHN PERRY, March
14, 1797

Franklin Co. NC Deed book 11
page 25: DRURY PERRY sold land, witnessed by NATHANIEL PERRY
March 15, 1798

page 51: JEREMIAH PERRY [redhead] deed to JOHN PERRY [speckle]

page 59: NATHANIEL PERRY bought land, witnesses: LYDIA M. PERRY
& JEPTHA PERRY, March 19, 1798

page 90: ISAAC PERRY of WAKE county, NC. sold land Sept 6,
1796

page 93: DRURY PERRY sold land, witnessed by NATH'L PERRY, Nov.
20, 1794

page 210: BURRELL PERRY , SENR. bought land, witnessed by
BURRELL PERRY, JUNR. and JOSHUA PERRY, Feb. 1, 1799

Franklin Co. NC Deed book: 3

page 87: WILLIAM PERRY deed to JOSHUA PERRY, witnessed by
BENJAMIN PERRY, March 9, 1801

page 121: WILLIAM PERRY, JUNR. deed to his son, JEPTHA PERRY,
witnessed by J. PERRY and MARTHA PERRY 6 Dec 1799

Franklin Co. NC Deed book 13

page 10: BENJAMIN PERRY bought negroes, witnessed by JOSHUA
PERRY, Feb. 12, 1804

page 98: JEREMIAH PERRY [redhead] deed to JOHN PERRY
[speckled] Sept 2 1805

page 191: JAMES PERRY deed to BENJAMIN PERRY, May 26, 1803

page 231: JEREMIAH PERRY [redhead] bought land, witnessed by
JOHN PERRY, Feb. 28, 1806

Franklin Co. NC Deed book 14
page 92: JEREMIAH PERRY [Ridge] deed to JEREMIAH PERRY
[B.H.] witnessed by NATHAN PERRY and BENNET PERRY, Nov. 26,
1806

page 110: BURWELL PERRY [BUSKEY] bill of sale to JOHN PERRY
[Capt.] March 12, 1808

page 129: JEREMIAH PERRY [Ridge] deed of trust, witnessed by
JEREMIAH PERRY, June 2, 1808

page 158: BENJAMIN PERRY appointed JOSHUA PERRY as his attorney
to sell lands and to reover money due him in this State,
witnessed by J. PERRY, March 6, 1808

page 175: JOSHUA PERRY bought land, witnessed by HENRY PERRY,
Aug. 2, 1808

Franklin Co. NC Deed book 15
page 60: BURRELL PERRY [BUKEY] deed of trust to JOHN PERRY
[thicket] May 20, 1809

page 64: JOHN PERRY [speckle] bought land, withnessed by JER.
PERRY, Dec. 8, 1810

page 70: JOHN PERRY [speckle] bill of sale, witnessed by JER.
PERRY Jan. 8, 1810

page 97: JEREMIAH PERRY deed to his father, BURRELL PERRY,
SENR., witnessed by BURRELL PERRY and JOSHUA PERRY, Dec. 31,
1790.

page 141: BURWELL PERRY [BURKEY] bill of sale to JOHN PERRY,
Sept 8, 1810

page 150: JEREMIAH PERRY [red head] deed of gift to his
daughter, FRANCIS RUSH, wife of BURWELL RUSH, March 2, 1810/

page 201: BENJAMIN PERRY bought land, witnessed by JOSHUA PERRY
and ELIJAH B. PERRY, Dec. 28, 1809

page 228: WILLIAM PERRY deed to JOSHUA PERRY, March 10, 1810

Franklin Co. NC Deed Book 16
page 28, BURRELL PERRY bill of sale to Capt. JOHN PERRY May
23, 1812

page 61: JEREMIAH PERRY [Col.] bought land, witnessed by NATHAN
PERRY, March 31, 1812

page 89: JEREMIAH PERRY [ridge] deed to SOLOMON PERRY

page 170: JOHN PERRY [thicket] bill of sale, witnessed by
JOSHUA PERRY, Dec. 15, 1813

page 187: William Harrison and wife, Sally Harrison, deed to
JEREMIAH PERRY [fork] April 2, 1814

page 195: JEREMIAH PERRY [ridge] deed to GREEN PERRY, witnessed
by J. PERRY, April 23, 1814

page 202 BENJAMINPERRY, son of NAT., bill of sale, Feb 11, 1808

page 223: JEREMIAH PERRY [ridge] deed to GREEN L. PERRY, June
9, 1814

page 241 JOSHUA PERRY and wife, ELIZABETH PERRY, of Franklin
co. deed to Samuel Williams of Warren co., for land in Warren Co.
Sept 11, 1810.

Virginia Ewing--
listowner for ASHLEY, GOBER, & PERRY
ROOTSWEB SPONSOR
Please support Rootsweb. Visit their website at:
http://www.rootsweb.co

This thread: