PERTHSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > PERTHSHIRE > 1999-04 > 0925464629

From: "Robert Macduff-Duncan" <>
Subject: Macduff, Duncan, and Ross
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:30:29 GMT

Hi,

I am researching MACDUFF of Bonhard, Scone from 1698-1936, DUNCAN of
Damside, Auchterarder from 1702/03-1939 and ROSS of Balgersho, Coupar
Angus. The first full family I know about is that of :

Alexander Macduff and Margaret Catherine Ross, daughter of John Ross
of Balgersho. They married 21 March 1816, in Perth. Alexander was
born on 11 September 1792 and Margaret was born in October 1795

Their Children:

Alexander, b. Dec 1816
m. Mary Brown, September 1841
d. 21 March 1866

John Ross, (Rev. Dr.) b. 23 May 1818
m. (1) Anne Joan Seton, 1844
m. (2) Louisa Stephen, 1849
d. 30 April 1895

Thomas, born June 1820
died 1890

Hector Colin Robert, b. 20 March 1822
m. Elizabeth Fraser Beveridge Duncan, of Damside, 20 March
1856

William, b. 1824
d. 1881

Jane Helen, b. August 1826
d. 12 October 1838, (drowned)

Robert Charles Henry, b. 1829
m. Margaret Lucy Spence,
d. 1891

I would be interested in any information about any of the people
mentioned above, but I know the names of most of their children, but
not their grandchildren, etc.

Thank you for any help.

Robert

This thread: