PERTHSHIRE-L Archives

Archiver > PERTHSHIRE > 1999-08 > 0934344851

From: julia sauter <>
Subject: Re: STEWART, Blair Atholl
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:14:11 -0600

wrote:

> I have a great deal of information on the descendants of Robert Stewart
> (listed below) in Canada if anyone is interested.
>
> Alexander Stewart, born ????, married to Christy (Christian ? ), resided
> Children: Robert Stewart, born abt 1790, Perthshire; married Ann or
> Anna (b. abt 1788, Perthshire, d. 26 Sep 1865, Wallace, Nova Scotia)
> Children:James Stewart, b. abt 1815, Perthshire, Scotland, died, ??? in
> Canada

> (NOTE: This is my line. James never formally married the mother of his
> children, and it is unknown what happened to him.)

> Peter Stewart, b. abt 1820, Perthshire

IGI Record Peter STEWART
Sex: M
Born: 1820
Perth, Scotland
Marriage(s) Spouse: Mary BUCHANAN
Source Information: Film Number: 537939
Page Number: 32 Reference Number: 6866
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Robert Stewart, b. ????

> Elizabeth Stewart, b. abt 1826

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This may be the one you have been waiting for
IGI Record Elizabeth STEWART
Sex: F Born:
4 Sep 1825 Blair-athol, Perth, Scotland
Father: Alexander STEWART
Mother: Christian MCKENZIE
Source Information: Film Number: 442415
Page Number: 0127 Reference Number: 72297
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
These are their children
You searched for: Alexander Stewart Christian MacKenzie

Results: International Genealogical Index/British Isles
2. Jane STEWART - International Genealogical Index
Gender: F Birth: 8 Dec 1828 Blair-athol, Perth, Scotland
3. Jane STEWART - International Genealogical Index
Birth: 8 Dec 1828 Blair-athol, Perth, Scotland TWINS!!
4. Elizabeth STEWART - International Genealogical Index
Gender: F Birth: 4 Sep 1825 Blair-athol, Perth, Scotland
5. Jane STEWART - International Genealogical Index
Birth: 8 Dec 1828 Blair-athol, Perth, Scotland
6. Alexander STEWART - International Genealogical Index
Gender: M Birth: 11 Nov 1831 Blair-athol, Perth, Scotland
7. William STEWART - International Genealogical Index
Gender: M Birth: 10 Aug 1843 Blair-athol, Perth, Scotland
8. Elizabeth STEWART - International Genealogical Index
ender: F Birth: 4 Sep 1825 Blair-athol, Perth, Scotland

> John Stewart, b. abt 1830

Obviously not him, but a relative??
IGI Record John STEWART
Sex: M Born:
24 Sep 1831 Blair-athol, Tressaid, Perth, Scotland
Father: William STEWART
Mother: Elizabeth STEWART
Source Information: Film Number: 457863
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> There are two other possible children of Alexander and Christy known:
> George Stewart, born abt 1798, Perthshire, and John Stewart. Both of
> them emigrated to Nova Scotia, and George lived very close to Robert
> Stewart. Their children had similar names.

> There have been some links to the Stewart's of Loch Tummel (but NO proof
> that the Alexander listed above was related to that family). I have
> received correspondence indicating that "BIG John" Stewart of Nova Scotia
> (see John above), was the brother of Robert (but again, no PROOF).
>
> I have searched "Scots Origins", and it has not been helpful.

These are possible ancestors...................

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
But it would indicate an ancestor..............
milySearch® International Genealogical Index™ v4.01
IGI Record Alexander STEWART
Sex: M .. Born: ABT 1690
Blair Atholl, Perth, Scotland
Marriage(s): Spouse: Christina STEWART
Source Information: Film Number: 170478 Page Number: 1252
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IGI Record Donald STEWART
Sex: M
Born: 18 Mar 1722
Blair Atholl, Perth, Scotland
Father: Alexander STEWART
Mother: Christina STEWART
Source Information: Film Number: 170478 Page Number 1252
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This RObert Stewart, different parents, born near that time.............
Maybe a cousin...................
IGI Record Robert STEWART
Sex: M Christened:
20 Dec 1796 Blair-athol, Perth, Scotland
Father: Alexander STEWART
Mother: Isabell SCOTT
Source Information: Film Number: 457556
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Same here, but this film number may help you.......
IGI Record Robert STEWART
Sex: M Christened:
17 Nov 1783 Blair-athol, Perth, Scotland
Father: Alexander STEWART
Mother: Betty ANDERSON
Source Information: Film Number: 457556
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IGI Record Robert STEWART
Sex M Christened:
10 Apr 1812 Blair-athol, Perth, Scotland
Father: Alexander STEWART
Mother: Jane MCLAUCHLANE
Source Information: Film Number: 457779

--
Julia Dalgleish Sauter Saskatoon,Canada
Searching Scottish Ancestry: Dalgleish/Rutherford/Heriot/McQuarrie