PETRIE-SCOTLAND-L Archives

Archiver > PETRIE-SCOTLAND > 2011-11 > 1321801923

From: Donna Kirk <>
Subject: [PETRIE-SCOTLAND] Sir Robert Patrie/Petrie of Portlethen
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 07:12:03 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to George Brander's e-mail in March of this year, I have been able to find a bit more information on Sir Robert Patrie/Petrie...who is, according to other family researchers, my ancestor.

I have sources that say Sir Robert Patrie/Petrie married Anna Forbes in either 1660 or 1665 (my two sources conflict on dates), and that Anna Forbes was the second daughter of the 1st baronet of Craigievar, Sir William Forbes.  I think they had a son Robert (which I have drawn from the link in George Brander's message:  burial records from St. Nicholas in Aberdeen), but this is the first I've heard of the younger Robert.  Robert Patrie/Petrie and Anna Forbes also had a daughter Elizabeth, I believe.

Robert Patrie son to Patrie of Portlethin

£2-0-0

28/05/1733

Elisabeth Morison relict of Petrie of Portlethen

 Does anyone have the line of descendants from Sir Robert Patrie/Petrie of Portlethen?

I would very much appreciate hearing back!!

Regards,
Donna