PEYTON-L Archives

Archiver > PEYTON > 2011-12 > 1323575934

From: "Harold Davey" <>
Subject: Re: [PEYTON] Ellen Peyton
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:58:57 -0500

Many thanks for your message.
I note that the info on Peyton Buckner's connection to Robert Buckner is
from a source that is a huge work of fiction.
However, I do not understand the relevance of Peyton Buckner's
descendants having connections to the Powells and Lintons in Loudoun County,
VA in the mid to late 1700s.
I am personally descended from Eleanor Peyton, Valentine's daughter, who
married William Powell. Since Eleanor Peyton was the daughter of Frances
Ann Linton, I am also descended from Moses Linton.
Since Peyton Buckner lived in the same area in VA as the Peytons,
Powells, and Lintons, this proximity might explain his connection to these
BTW, I believe that I am the one who found the deed for the land Peyton
Buckner sold to Valentine Peyton as part of over 250 Northern Virginia deeds
that I found and copied into my database.