PEYTON-L Archives

Archiver > PEYTON > 2011-12 > 1323575934

From: "Harold Davey" <>
Subject: Re: [PEYTON] Ellen Peyton
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:58:57 -0500

Scott,
Many thanks for your message.
I note that the info on Peyton Buckner's connection to Robert Buckner is
from a source that is a huge work of fiction.
However, I do not understand the relevance of Peyton Buckner's
descendants having connections to the Powells and Lintons in Loudoun County,
VA in the mid to late 1700s.
I am personally descended from Eleanor Peyton, Valentine's daughter, who
married William Powell. Since Eleanor Peyton was the daughter of Frances
Ann Linton, I am also descended from Moses Linton.
Since Peyton Buckner lived in the same area in VA as the Peytons,
Powells, and Lintons, this proximity might explain his connection to these
families.
BTW, I believe that I am the one who found the deed for the land Peyton
Buckner sold to Valentine Peyton as part of over 250 Northern Virginia deeds
that I found and copied into my database.

Harold