PHARR-L ArchivesArchiver > PHARR > 2004-11 > 1100486458
Subject: Re: 2 Edward Pharr's
Date: 14 Nov 2004 19:40:58 -0700
This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
Surnames: Pharr's in Georgia
Message Board URL:
Message Board Post:
Edward Pharr 2.3.16 and wife Ruth Fisk.
William Barr 2.4.37
John Newton 2.4.38
Joseph Wilson 2.4.39
Franklin Branch Dock 2.4.40
Hettie Manetta Elizabeth 2.4.41
David Pickney 2.4.42
Benjamin Young 2.4.43
Nancy Jane 2.4.44
George Washington 2.4.45
James Paterson 2.4.46
Thomas Edward 2.4.47
2.4.36 Pharrs and Farrs sayes he was born in BuckHead- Atlanta. Hayes Manor was once his plantation. They had 15 children and 12 lived to be grown. He was a Confederate Soldier. He was eligible for the Society of Cincinnati. His nephew Henry Lovick Pharr Ph.D writes:
"Uncle Samuel was a strait, slim, bearded Presbyterian elder who looked like a prophet of old, and had many of the acteristics of the old prophets. As a small lad I was fascinated by his habit of standing erect with upraised hands and open eyes and praying with a stark certanity of it being heard. I asked him about it one time and he said, "son, I have never done anything to make me afraid to up and look god in the face." What a man he was.
2.4.37 From Pharrs and Farrs he wasa Confederate Soldier and very much like his father. They had 10 children and all lived to be grown.
-On the on the 7 July 1860 Gwinnett County Census Canes Po Pg. 70 William, Caroline, Noah, Oen
-On the 1870 census for Gwinnett County Cains PO pg. 11 18 Aug. line 32 90/80 Pharr Wm B. 44/m/w
farmer $300/$700 SC, Caroline 33/f/w, Noah 13/m/w, attending school, Ervin 11/m/w attending school, Georgia 9/f/w, George 7/m/w, Wm E. 3/m/w, Francis C. 1/f/w
-On the 1 June 1900 census Sugar Hill (550)PO Gwinnett County, Enumeration Dist 55 sheet 2A Larry Pharr Enumeratior Line 30 23/24 Pharr William B. head w/m/July 1826 age 73 mar 43 years SC/NC/SC, Caroline w/f/Oct 1838 Ga/Ga/Ga, Wm E. son w/m/Feb 1867 Ga, Francis C. daughter w/f/May 1869 Ga.
- On the 6-7 May 1910 Gwinnett County Census Enumeration Dist. 63 sheet 11B line 55 209/213 Pharr William head m/w/86 wid, Fannie daughter f/w/37 single.
2.4.38 Pharr and Farrs say question b. 7/30/? and d. 7/4/1912. Might be the day he was burried.
-On the 7 July 1860 Gwinnett County, Cains PO John 31$700- $80. SC, Susan 24/f Ga, Aniline 2/f Ga.
- Enlisted from Gwinnett County 24 Aug. 1861 (2) Company F 24th Infantry Regiment Georgia He was in general Hospital #9, Richmond Va. Oct. 29, 1862. Was captured by General Sherican's forces. POW 19 October 1864 at Cedar Creek Va. Paroled 28 March 1865 at Point Lookout Md. Transfered 28 March at Aikens landing. No later records.
- On the 13 Aug 1870 census Gwinnett County, Cains PO pg. 12 line 4 92/82 Pharr John N. 41/m/w farmer $1100/$500. SC, Susan E. 33/f/w Ga, Julia E. 8/f/w Ga, Emry 4/m/w Ga, Ell S. 2/m/w Ga.
-On the 22-23-24 June1880 census for Hog Mountain Gwinnett County, Enumeration dist 122 pg. 24 line 12 239/241 Pharr John N. w/m/57 SC, Susan w/f/43 Ga, Emory C. w/m/14, Samuel w/m/12, Cicero w/m/10, Lucious w/m/7, TCourey? w/m/4, Morgit w/f/2.
-2.4.39 Pharrs and Farrs said Reverand. Says there were five children but only list three. Say all lived to be adults.
2.4.40 Pharrs and Fars says had 5 children with Mr.s Black and all lived to be adults.
- Looks like him in H Company 8th Georgia Infantry.
-2.4.41Pharrs and Farrs says 7 of 9 children live to be grown.
2.4.43 Pharrs and Farrs says he had three children but none known. Says he had a jewlery business.
- From the Cival war records as Benjamin Y. Pharr Company I 55 Georgia
- On the 8 June 1880 census for Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia, Enumeration 89 sheet 30B line 32 301/346 Pharr Benji w/m/41 silver smith Anoline? w/f/36, Alonza w/m/13, Osca w/m/8, Maud w/f/3 all born Georgia.
- On the 1889 and 1890 Atlanta Directory as Benjamin Y. Pharr 202 Marieta St. Jeweler. Have on the 1889 as 72 Rock St and 1890 as 325 Hanes St.
- On the 13 June 1900 Atlanta Fulton County, Georgia Enumeration 74 sheet 16A line 11 Haynes St. Pharr Benjamin Y. head w/m/May 1839? Ga/Ga/Ga. Silver smith, Amanda L. w/f/? 1843 age 56 had 5children and 3 alive Ga/Ga/Ga, Oscar A. son w/m/? 1871 single, Nana P. daughter w/f/feb. 1874 single
- Sorce for grave from Oakland Cemetery.
-On the 1880 census for Lawrenceville, Gwinnett County,
Enlisted as 9/241861 as a Pvt. Discharged as Sgt. Company F 24th Georgia Infantry. He was whounded at James River 3/9/1863. Sent to Chimboraza Hospital #2, Richmond, Va. 3/16/1863 had typhoid infection. Was captured at Fisher's Hill, Strasburg, Va. 10 of his children lived to be grown and he was a Methoist Minister in South Georgia.
-On the 2 Jan. 1920 census for Higgenton, Montgomery County, Ga. Enumeration 93 sheet 1B, 14/14 Pharr George W. w/m/75 mar. b. Ga, Nancy R. w/f/69 Ga. Ruth daughter w/f/?4 Divorced.
- On the 13 Aug 1870 census Cains Gwinnett County pg. 11 next to Wm B. Pharr line 40 91/81 Pharr James ? 23/m/w farmer $600./$100. Ga. next page line 1 Pharr Thomas E. 20/m/w farm labor Ga, Susan 19/f/w/ Keeping house Ga, Ruth 63/f/w Ga. This has to be Ruth Fisk Pharr.
The numbers are from Pharrs and Farrs