Archiver > PHILBRICK > 2001-02 > 0983246706

From: Beverly F Dorfner <>
Subject: Re: [PHILBRICK-L] The Ancestors of Thomas1
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:05:06 -0800

Well, Jack, I have this thing about dates!!
There are some black sheep out there, but most people now and earlier
lived a predictable life. ie
born,married, had children, had children baptized died. In that order,
yes?? or close to it.
If birth dates run close to each other , it usually means siblings to
each other, not parent and child. I find some old lineages where mother
is 60-65 still having children! or even after her death date!! or after
father has died meaning another marriage possible. etc.
So about the first thing I do when looking at any pedigree is check ages
of everyone at certain events.
Those who have proven to Thomas,the elder, what sources are out there?