PINSON-L Archives

Archiver > PINSON > 2000-09 > 0969148256

From: David Pinson <>
Subject: Re: [PINSON] Pinsons in Britain
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 18:50:56 -0500

Gary, et al,
The Domesday Book entry you mentioned is published in THE PINSON
QUARTERLY in the original script of that day. It shows the Radulf de Mont
Pinson you mention and identifies him as dapifer or seneschal or steward to
William the Conqueror. A book in the Dallas library mentions both Joseph
and Thomas and gives the spelling of their surname as Pinson.