PITTMAN-L Archives

Archiver > PITTMAN > 2000-01 > 0947088212

From: "I am who I have always been." <>
Subject: Re: Parthenia, daughter of William and Hannah Kimble Pittman
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 11:03:32 -0500

Pittman Data Bank
Part 17b
William PITTMAN & Hannah KIMBLE

Richard PITTMAN
[ information from Bob McKinley in 1998: "Richard m Charity Danford was a
son of Richard Pittman ( ca 1660) - A planter at Pensawkin Creek, NJ"]

2 PITTMAN Richard (Richard1)
b ca 1695 NJ
m Charity DANFORD
[ contact Rick Sowinski for research on the DANFORD family ]
Volumn 30 of the New Jersey Archives page 131. Calendar of Wills 1730-1750:
1745, April 6. Danford, Samuel, of Maidenhead, Hunterdon Co., yeoman: will
of. Sons, William, Samuel and James, and Samuel's two sons.
Granddaughter, Mary Pittman. Son-in-law Richard Pittman, executor, he to
receive "my son Aaron's clothing. Witnesses- William Watson and James
Clarke. Proved July 6, 1746. Witnesses and executor Quakers.
COLONIAL HISTORY OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY CANLENDAR OF WILLS 1730-1750,
Published 1918, Vol. 2. 1745, April 6, Danford, Samuel, of Maidenhead,
Hunterdon Co., yeoman; will of: Sons, William, Samuel and James and Samuel's
two sons. Grandaughter Mary Pittman. Son-in-law Richard Pittman, executor,
he to receive "my son Aaron's clothing. Witness--William Watson and James
Clarke. Proved july 6, 1745 Witnesses and Executor Quakers.
[ Mary PITTMAN dau of Richard & Charity TRUAX PITTMAN cannot be the
'granddaughter Mary PITTMAN' mentioned in Samuel DANFORD's will, as she had
not yet been born in 1745 . PITTMAN Mary ( dau of Richard PITTMAN & Charity
TRUAX ) b ca 1791 d ca 1854 . Mary PITTMAN b 10 Oct 1734 NJ d 10 Oct 1819
wife of Abraham CLEVENGER could have been this granddaughter, but who were
her parents? William PITTMAN and Hannah married in 1741. bev ]
[ Samuel DANFORD was the father of Charity DANFORD PITTMAN (per above
suppositions) so the Mary PITTMAN in Samuel's will must have been a daughter
of Richard and Charity. What happened to this Mary PITTMAN? bev ]

3 PITTMAN William (Richard,2 Richard1)
b ca 1717 NJ d Dec 1824 (aged 107 years) Licking Creek, Bedford/Fulton Co PA
bur Baptist Church, Sidling Hill, Bedford/Fulton Co PA
[ probably brother of Richard PITTMAN b ca 1727 NJ d 11 May 1827 (aged about
100 years) Bedford Co PA, bur Sidling Hill Cem ]
["I have a little on William PITTMAN, first he is the son of Richard PITTMAN
and Charity DANFORD, no other info on his parents except their names,
William PITTMAN was born 1717 in New Jersey and died Dec. 1824 in Bedford,
Fulton Co, PA., first married on Nov.4,1741 in Mt. Holly, Burlington Co, New
Jersey to Hannah KEMBLE, the daughter of Samuel KEMBLE and Mary HILL. Hannah
was born circa 1710 in Burlington Co, New Jersey and she died before 1776 in
Bedford, Fulton Co, PA., they had 5 children, Sarah, Parthena, Sychic,
Obediah, and Mary. After Hannah KEMBLE PITTMAN died Wiliam PITTMAN married
circa 1777 to Esther STILLWELL, they had 2 more children, Richard and Esther
PITTMAN. Hannah KEMBLE was 1st married to Samuel LOKER, they were married
Nov. 5, 1730 in Burlington Co, New Jersey, no record of death for Samuel
LOKER but it had to be before 1741 since Hannah KEMBLE LOKER married a 2nd
time to William PITTMAN then. William PITTMAN is buried in Sideling Hill
Cemetery in Fulton Co, PA. and he served in the Revolutionary War also.
Hannah KEMBLE PITTMAN is also buried in Sideling Cemetery in Fulton Co, PA."
Clara Luster, Jan'99]
*William m1st 4 Nov 1741 Hannah KIMBLE (d bef 1778) Wellingborough,
Burlington Co NJ, widow of Samuel LOKER/LOCKER, dau of Samuel KIMBLE of
Burlington Co NJ [ Hannah m1st 5 Nov 1730 Samuel LOKER Mount Holly,
Burlington Co NJ ]
*William m2nd bef 1778 Hester / Ester STILLWELL (b ca 1738 d 1826)

4 PITTMAN Perthenia ( William3 Richard2 Richard1 )
[ ancestor of Jean Bacus, Connie Butterfield, Vera Ann Holley & Edward A.
Zimmerman ]
b 15 Mch 1741/42 Burlington Co NJ d 31 Oct 1781 Bedford Co PA
bur Tonoloway Baptist cemetery, Bedford Co PA
m 26 Jan 1761 Benjamin B. TRUAX (25 Nov 1731 - 10 May 1801) Monmouth Co NJ
son of LaRue Jacob TRUAX (1705-1774) & Rebecca Abigail STILLWELL (b ca 1708)
[ "LaRue Jacob TRUAX born 1705 in Middletown, Monmouth County, New Jersey;
died 1774 in Ayr Twp, Bedford County, Pennsylvania; married Rebecca
STILLWELL 1729 in Pennsylvania. His father was Phillip TRUAX (born 1675 in
Middletown, Monmouth County, New Jersey; died 25 May 1734 in Pecander
Hundred, New Castle County, Delaware) and his mother was Sarah LaRUE ( born
Abt. 1675 in Monmouth County, New Jersey)." Edward G. Bass, Box 127,
Lockhart, AL 36455 ]
5 TRUAX Joseph
| b 24 Jan 1758 NJ
| m Sarah STILLWELL
5 TRUAX William
| b 16 Mch 1762 near Little Egg Harbor d 24 Oct 1835 Owen Co IN
| bur Little Mount Cem., Gosport, Owen Co IN
| m Ailcy/Alice COOMBS (1763-1856)
5 TRUAX Samuel B.
| b 1 Mch 1764 Monmouth Co NJ d 17 May 1849 Morrow Co OH
| bur Mt.Gilead Cem., Morrow Co OH
| m bef 1786 Elizabeth PALMER (1766-1868) Bedford Co PA
5 TRUAX Rebecca
| b 5 Mch 1769 Bedford Co PA d 4 Sep 1844 Owens Co IN
| bur Little Mount Cem., Gosport, Owen Co IN
| m (Rev.) John MUGG Sen'r. (1765-1837)
| 6-MUGG Mary 1797 - 1829 m Samuel PITTMAN ( see also part 17a )
5 TRUAX Benjamin Jr.
| b 24 Apr 1774 Bedford Co PA d 3 July 1846 Bedford Co PA
| bur Tonoloway Cemetery, Fulton Co PA
| m 2 June 1794 Ezediah (Ethidia) PALMER (1780-1879) Bedford Co PA
5 TRUAX Elias
| 1775-1786 Bedford Co PA
| bur Tonoloway Cemetery, Fulton Co PA
5 TRUAX Perthenia Rachel
b 21 Oct 1783 Bedford Co PA d 21 Jan 1835 Bedford Co PA
bur Sideling Hill Cemetery, Bedford Co PA
m ca 1799 Aaron CLEVENGER (b ca 1771)