PLACE-L Archives

Archiver > PLACE > 2008-09 > 1220841728

From: "hspalmer" <>
Subject: Re: [PLACE] Place/Palmer
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 23:42:08 -0300

Hi Edie,
You have given us a wealth of information on the Place families to think
about and digest. I have been busy this weekend trying to sort out our small
branch, keeping in mind thay we are still trying to find family for
Catherine Alicia Place b 1904 and her mother Alice Place b 1872, otherwise
known as Sarah Harriett Palmer/Kamericke. I have certificates for the next
four events.

1. Alice Kamericke (formerly Palmer) and Charles William Place were married
28 July 1903 In Edmonton , Middlesex, England and witnesses were H.A.Place,
brother of Charles and Florence Fanny Palmer brother of Alice. Charles was a
journeyman electrician living in Enfield and his father was John George
Place, licensed vitualler,deceased. Residence for Alice was The Infirmary,
East Dulwich, Camberwell and her father was George Palmer, florist,
deceased.

2. Catherine Alicia Place was born 21 June 1904 to this couple in Chelsea,
London.

3. In November 1909, Charles William Places dies of "tubercular kidney
hemmorage" and present at death is his brother H.A. Place. Address is 4 Lion
Gate Gardens, Richmond. He is a master electrician at this point.

4. Catherine Alicia Place lives until 1985 and dies in Surrey a retired
schollteacher. Present at death is Irene Jessie Cattermole, Cousin.

H.A. Place is Charles William Place's brother, Harry Alexander Place born in
1872 in Marylebone England , the youngest of that family. After the 1871
Census their mother Catherine is a widow. Do we have a death for Alexander
Place brother of John Place, Sr. b about 1824? In the 1841census, he is a
stable boy inYorkshire. In 1851census, he is married to Mary, a railway
ticket collector and living in Southwark St Olave, Surrey. In 1861 census,
he is still a house porter in London and there are no sign of children. In
1868, there is a death in St Giles London of Alexander Place but I do not
know if it is ours. If it is, then both he and John died within a few years
of the other. The notation of Charles William's will where he leaves the
bulk of his estate to his mother Catherine, a widow, makes me wonder if
Alice was still in the picture in 1909. I do not know what happened to her.

That is really all my confirmed knowledge of the Place family. I am
interested in all the research you are doing and if there is any more
information I can give, I would be happy to do so.

Sandra Palmer