PLANTAGENET-DESCENDANTS-PROJECT-L Archives

Archiver > PLANTAGENET-DESCENDANTS-PROJECT > 2007-01 > 1168801897

From: Jim Fina <>
Subject: Re: [PLANTAGENET-DESCENDANTS-PROJECT] Katherine Carey,Some Ancestors and Descendants
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:11:37 -0700

Janelle,

wrote:

>Katherine Carey, Some Ancestors and Descendants
>
><snip>
>
>John Beaufort, KG, Earl of Somerset, married Margaret Holland as her 1st
>husband.
>
>*Edmund Beaufort, KG, Duke of Somerset, married Eleanor Beauchamp.
>
>Eleanor Beaufort married 2nd Robert Spencer, Knt.
>
>Margaret Spencer married Thomas Carey (Cary

I noticed I had some information on the above individuals you didn't
list here. From my database, I ran the following report and removed the
information and sources which didn't pertain to this line. See if this
has anything you can use. Sources are included.
Jim

(1) Sir, John de Beaufort , 1st Earl of
Somerset[1],[2],[3],[4],[5],[6],[7],[8],[9]
bd. ca 1371[10],[7]
occ. 1st Earl of Somerset, 1st Marquess of Dorset, 1st Marquess of
Somerset, Lord High Admiral of England, Lord Chamberlain of England,
KG[11],[12]
dd. 16 Mar 1419/10, St Katherine by the Tower, London[5],[13]
& Margaret de Holand[1],[2],[13],[7]

(2) Edmund Beaufort , Duke of Somerset[89],[90],[91],[7]
bd. abt 1406[92],[7]
occ. Marquis of Dorset, 4th Earl of Somerset, Earl of Dorset, Duke
of Somerset, KG.[93]
dd. 24 May 1455, battle of St. Albans[92],[7]
& Eleanor Beauchamp[94],[90],[91],[95],[7]

(3) Eleanor Beaufort , Countess of Wiltshire*[104],[105],[7]
dd. 16 Aug 1501[18],[104],[7]
& James Butler ,Earl of Wiltshire/Ormond[104],[106]
(3) Eleanor Beaufort , Countess of Wiltshire*[104],[105],[7]
dd. 16 Aug 1501[18],[104],[7]
& Sir Robert Spencer , of Spencercombe &c.[104],[7]
(4) Margaret Spencer[104]
bd. ca 1472[104]
& Thomas Carey , of Chilton Foliot, Wilt[104]

*1. *Frederick Lewis Weis, /Ancestral Roots of Certain American
Colonists, Who Came To //America// before 1700,/ Additions and
Corrections by Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr., Genealogical Publishing Co.,
Inc., Seventh Edition 1992, 1993, Line 1-32.
*2. *David Faris, /Plantagenet Ancestry of Seventeenth-Century
Colonists; The Descent from the Later Plantagenet Kings of England,
Henry III, Edward I, and Edward III, of Emigrants from England and Wales
to the North American Colonies before 1701,/ New England Historic
Genealogical Society, Second Edition, 1999, p. 332.
*3. *George Edward Cokayne, /The Complete Peerage of England Scotland
Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant Extinct or
Dormant,/ H. A. Doubleday & Lord Howard de Walden, The St. Catherine
Press, Ltd., London, Volume VI, Gordon to Hurstpierpoint, 1926, p. 677.
*4. *George Edward Cokayne, /The Complete Peerage of England Scotland
Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant Extinct or
Dormant,/ H. A. Doubleday & Lord Howard de Walden, The St. Catherine
Press, Ltd., London, Volume VII, Husee to Lincolnshire, 1929, pp.
415-16, note (i).
*5. *George Edward Cokayne, /The Complete Peerage of England Scotland
Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant Extinct or
Dormant,/ H.A. Doubleday & Lord Howard de Walden, The St. Catherine
Press, Ltd., London, Volume IX Moels to Nuneham, 1936, p. 416.
*6. *George Edward Cokayne, /The Complete Peerage of England Scotland
Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant Extinct or
Dormant,/ Geoffrey H. White, F.S.A., F.R. Hist.S., The St. Catherine
Press, Ltd., London, Volume XII, Part 1 Skelmerdale to Towton, 1953, pp.
39-45.
*7. *Detlev Schwennicke, /Europäische Stammtafeln: Stammtafeln zur
Geschichte der Europäischen Staaten,/ Neue Folge, Marburg, Germany:
Verlag von J. A. Stargardt, Band III Teilband 1, Herzogs und
Grafenhäuser des Heiligen Römischen Reiches Andere Europäiche
Fürstenhäuser, 1984, Tafel 157.
*8. */The Scots Peerage, Founded on Wood's Edition of Sir Robert
Douglas's Peerage of //Scotland//,/ Sir James Balfour Paul, Lord Lyon
King of Arms, Edinburgh: David Douglas, Volume I, 1904, p. 18.
*9. *Nicholas Harris Nichols, Esq., /Testamenta Vetusta: Being
Illustrations from Wills,/ London, Nichols and Son, 25 Parliament St.,
Volume I, MDCCCXXVI (1826), p. 142 (Will of John, Duke of Lancaster: "to
my dear son John Beaufort, Marquis of Dorset, a dozen saucers &c.").
*10. *George Edward Cokayne, /The Complete Peerage of England Scotland
Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant Extinct or
Dormant,/ Geoffrey H. White, F.S.A., F.R. Hist.S., The St. Catherine
Press, Ltd., London, Volume XII, Part 1 Skelmerdale to Towton, 1953, pp.
39-40.
*11. *George Edward Cokayne, /The Complete Peerage of England Scotland
Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant Extinct or
Dormant,/ Geoffrey H. White, F.S.A., F.R. Hist.S., The St. Catherine
Press, Ltd., London, Volume XII, Part 1 Skelmerdale to Towton, 1953, p. 41.
*12. *Sir Bernard Burke, C.B., LL.D., Ulster King of Arms, /Genealogical
History of the Dormant, Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages of the
British Empire,/ Burke's Peerage/Genealogical Publishing Co., 1883,
Reprinted 1985. 1996, p. 35.
*13. *George Edward Cokayne, /The Complete Peerage of England Scotland
Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant Extinct or
Dormant,/ Geoffrey H. White, F.S.A., F.R. Hist.S., The St. Catherine
Press, Ltd., London, Volume XII, Part 1 Skelmerdale to Towton, 1953, p. 44.
* *
*18. *Frederick Lewis Weis, /Ancestral Roots of Certain American
Colonists, Who Came To America before 1700,/ Additions and Corrections
by Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr., Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Seventh
Edition 1992, 1993.
* *
*89. *Frederick Lewis Weis, /Ancestral Roots of Certain American
Colonists, Who Came To America before 1700,/ Additions and Corrections
by Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr., Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Seventh
Edition 1992, 1993, Line 1-33, 87-34.
*90. *David Faris, /Plantagenet Ancestry of Seventeenth-Century
Colonists; The Descent from the Later Plantagenet Kings of England,
Henry III, Edward I, and Edward III, of Emigrants from England and Wales
to the North American Colonies before 1701,/ New England Historic
Genealogical Society, Second Edition, 1999, p. 333.
*91. *George Edward Cokayne, /The Complete Peerage of //England//
//Scotland// //Ireland// //Great Britain// and the //United Kingdom//,
Extant Extinct or Dormant,/ The Hon. Vicary Gibbs, The St. Catherine
Press, Ltd., London, Volume II Bass to Canning, 1912, p. 389.
*92. *Frederick Lewis Weis, /Ancestral Roots of Certain American
Colonists, Who Came To //America// before 1700,/ Additions and
Corrections by Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr., Genealogical Publishing Co.,
Inc., Seventh Edition 1992, 1993, Line 1-33.
*93. *Sir Bernard Burke, C.B., LL.D., Ulster King of Arms, /Genealogical
History of the Dormant, Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages of the
British Empire,/ Burke's Peerage/Genealogical Publishing Co., 1883,
Reprinted 1985. 1996, pp. 35-6.
*94. *Frederick Lewis Weis, /Ancestral Roots of Certain American
Colonists, Who Came To America before 1700,/ Additions and Corrections
by Walter Lee Sheppard, Jr., Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Seventh
Edition 1992, 1993, Line 87.
*95. *George Edward Cokayne, /The Complete Peerage of England Scotland
Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant Extinct or
Dormant,/ Geoffrey H. White, F.S.A., F.R. Hist.S., The St. Catherine
Press, Ltd., London, Volume XI Rickerton to Sisonby, 1949, p. 104.
* *
*104. *David Faris, /Plantagenet Ancestry of Seventeenth-Century
Colonists; The Descent from the Later Plantagenet Kings of England,
Henry III, Edward I, and Edward III, of Emigrants from England and Wales
to the North American Colonies before 1701,/ New England Historic
Genealogical Society, Second Edition, 1999, p. 69.
*105. *George Edward Cokayne, /The Complete Peerage of England Scotland
Ireland Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant Extinct or
Dormant,/ H. A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, & Lord Howard de Walden,
The St. Catherine Press, Ltd., London, Volume X Oakham to Richmond,
1945, p. 128.
* *
* *

This thread: