PLATT-L Archives

Archiver > PLATT > 2014-11 > 1416035705

From: "Jane Tripp" <>
Subject: Re: [PLATT] George W. Platt (1839-1899) update information forGeorge's parents Richard & Mary Cline Platt
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 01:15:05 -0600

Additional information from another census & Find-A-Grave

Forgot to look for siblings of George W Platt before I sent my 1st message.

This is an update

Found the family in 1870, filling in my US census records.

1870 census Rock Island City, Rock Island Co., IL

Platt family

Mary; 55 [1815]; b PA

Helen; 27 [1843]; School Teacher; b OH

Mary; 25 [1845]; School Teacher; b OH

Walter; 19 [1851]; app to Druggist; b NY

Laura; 18 [1852]; b NY

Matilda; 14 [1856]; b NY

Emma; 11 [1859]; b NY

Previously I had Mary with a husband in Iowa in 1860 & a widow in Illinois
in 1880.

This 1870 census led me to look for the death of Richard Platt in Rock
Island Co., IL.

Find-A-Grave has his record created by Emily Bush April 2013.

Richard PLATT

B 1810; d 1862; bur Chippiannock Cemetery, Rock Island, Rock Island, IL

I transcribed Emily Bush's photo of Platt's headstone as

PLATT

Richard 1810-1862

Mary Cline 1814-1882

George W. 1839-1899

Matilda P. 1855-1952

George P. 1882-1923

If Cline is Mary's maiden name, that would tell us the parents of George W
Platt are Richard Platt (1810-1862 b NY)

And Mary Cline (1814-1882 b PA).

Are these names in the Platt book?

Regards, Jane Tripp