POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 1999-09 > 0936193145

From: Paula Murphy <>
Subject: RE: [POLAND] Ellis Island research
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 09:39:05 -0400

Listers,

Ellis Island is in the process of creating a new data center that will be
available sometime in 2000. The funds collected from people honoring their
family by paying to have their names on the wall will fund this data center.
They will be transcribing the actual immigration records into this system
which will be available to the public. I can't remember if this data will
be available on line, or only at the museum. Additionally, the names placed
on the wall are not necessarily verified.

Paula (in NY)