POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938010409

From: "ETM" <>
Subject: Re: [POLAND] Ancestry.com fees
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 10:26:49 -0400

Because they operate like the popular book of the month clubs. You must
send a postcard by a certain date to BOMC or it sends you a book, you
must cancel AOL, or almost any other internet service provider, before a
certain date, or it bills you in advance for the next month. Ancestry
uses the same, popular, apparently legal, method. It would appear that
we must all keep track of any *anniversary* dates. I remember on an
AOL trial that I called at 12:01 AM and it didn't work. AOL *stole* my
$21.95. Of course, had I called two minutes earlier at 11:59 PM, I
would not have been *cheated* by AOL. I won't use AOL again, but I
learned a lesson.

Elaine

Researching S.L.E.P.I.C.K.A. and H.R.U.S.K.A.