POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938092432

From: Debbie Greenlee <>
Subject: Re: [POLAND] CHURCH RECORDS
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:13:52 -0500

Marian,
I've sent many letters to churches in Poland. I've received responses
within a month's time and others I'm still waiting for after a year (ha
ha ). Actually give the priest 6 months. This sounds like a long time,
but generally it's just him at the church; no secretary, etc. If you
haven't heard from the priest by say late January write again. It's
getting close to Advent and that is a very busy time for priests in
Poland.
Debbie

wrote:

> Has anyone sent away for specific family church records in Poland?
> How long did it take to get a response? I sent a letter in Polish (from form
> at PSGA)
> to a church in Gorlice and haven't heard anything yet. It has been about a
> month now. Would it take this long?
>
> thanks,
> Marian

This thread: