POLAND-ROOTS-L Archives

Archiver > POLAND-ROOTS > 1999-09 > 0938194357

From: "ETM" <>
Subject: [POLAND] Naturalization
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:32:37 -0400

How many have been successful locating declarations of intent or
naturalization records in courts prior to the federal government
formalization of the process? I believe my grandparents' families may
have been naturalized in 1870 or 1880 in the Chicago area. I understand
that the proceedings might have occurred in any one of many many court
systems in Cook County. What are the experiences here with records for
naturalizations in that period? And, does anyone have specific
knowledge of the Cook County records? I am not interested in any
proceedings that occurred after 1903 because I understand they bear no
resemblance to the earlier proceedings.

Elaine

Researching S.L.E.P.I.C.K.A. and H.R.U.S.K.A.

This thread: